This page discusses the type of memory card and formatting the Artec Ray requires for operation without a computer. For tethered use with Artec Studio software, no memory card is required. For remote and autonomous modes, the Artec Ray requires a microSD card to store 3D scan data.
What microSD cards work with the Artec Ray?
- MicroSD – Speed class UHS-I or UHS-II, formatted as NTFS (recommended).
- The FAT32 format will work, but due to this file system’s inherent limitations, scans larger than 4GB will not be saved.
- exFat is not supported.
Can I use the same microSD card for both the Artec Ray and Artec Leo?
- No. MicroSD cards for the Artec Leo must be formatted as exFAT whereas microSD cards for the Artec Ray must be formatted as NTFS or FAT32
How do I format my microSD card to the recommended NTFS format?
- Insert the SD card into your Windows computer
- Open File Explorer and locate the drive letter for your SD card. Right-click the drive and select Format.
- Select NTFS as the File System, and click Start.
- Select OK to ignore the warning that all of the data on the drive will be erased and begin formatting the card.
What is the SYS microSD card that’s included with the scanner?
- The microSD card marked SYS is used for restoring Artec Ray original software/ firmware.
Can I use the SYS card from a different Artec Ray scanner?
- No, each SYS card is pre-loaded with the backup and restore information for each individual Artec Ray scanner. Do not use the SYS from a different scanner.
Help! I’ve accidentally formatted the SYS microSD card!
- Don’t worry! Send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will provide a digital copy (download) of the original files.